Blog Post / Article
WHY SHOULD I TRY CBD IN 2020?
02nd March 2020.
Why you need to try CBD In 2020
With January out the way and the year beginning to take shape, it’s time for you to push forward with better habits.
It’s time for you to shine, or as we put it #TimeToPrime.
If you read our earlier blog posts, you’ll know exactly why CBD is a much loved new kid on the block by two of the world’s favourite industries – fitness and skincare. But this post is all about new beginnings and starting the new decade with good health, grace and a positive mindset.
Look after your wellbeing
Fighting things like stress, anxiety and depression is no walk in the park, in fact, we made a post about this last month with a huge list of ways to combat seasonal depression – and if you’re suffering feel free to check it out!
There’s no denying that CBD is marketed and sold as a wellness supplement, and for good reason – you’re body LOVES it! Our endocannabinoid system is one of the few parts of our body that is designed to regulate homeostasis (balancing of bodily functions). Which means by taking CBD you’re engaging with certain receptors, that will communicate imbalances that could be present, allowing your body to naturally work on improving them.
These imbalances may be found in our body in other systems that include: memory, mood, metabolism, stress management, sleep, appetite or pain.
Shake bad habits
As described above, our endocannabinoid system is what gives our other bodily functions a reality check so they can get the support they need from other areas. If you suffer from addictions such as nicotine or alcohol, you’ll know that it controls and limits certain areas of your life and daily activity. This is nothing more than just a chemical reaction – so it’s totally normal to have a hard time breaking free from them and handling withdrawal symptoms such as: nausea, headaches, irritability, anxiety, sweating and basically an all-round malfunction of your regulatory systems. Again, think of how CBD interacts with homeostasis, if you want to do the math, it’s not too hard to work out!
Look after your body inside and out!
We hate to brag but CBD literally has many natural ingredients, it’s quite the show-off! Many of us take daily supplements to ensure we have sufficient minerals and vitamins inside our body, in the hope we can keep things regulated, efficient and at an optimal level. Here’s the lowdown – CBD contains all the good stuff:
- Vitamin A – Important for supporting healthy vision and bone health.
- Vitamin C – Helps generate Collagen, the body’s most abundant protein, responsible for forming tissue, tendons, ligaments, skin and muscle.
- Vitamin E – Heals wounds and strengthens the body’s defence against illness and infection.
- Antioxidants – Preventing free-radical damage caused by things like ageing, stress, bad diet and smoking.
- Zinc – Regulates the immune system and plays a role in generating cell growth and healing.
- Potassium – Regulates fluid balance as well as muscle to nerve communication. May help reduce risk of high blood pressure, kidney stones and strokes.
- Magnesium – Boosts energy and mood, prevents migraines, has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Calcium – Maintaining strong bones and teeth, regulating blood flow and the release of hormones.
- Phosphorus – Found mainly in bones and teeth, plays an important role in how your body uses fats and carbohydrates and filters out kidney waste.
- Iron – Supports sufficient haemoglobin, the process of carrying oxygen around the body through red blood cells. Reduces the risk of anaemia and combats a lack of energy.
Be a part of the CBD movement
By finding the time for CBD in your daily routine, you’re not only supporting your own health and wellbeing but actually, you’re having a much larger effect on supply and demand. As long as there is a demand for more hemp-based products, as well as continual industry growth, we can see some great advancements on the horizon for our generation and those of the future. By supporting the industry, you’re showing that the UK can and will adopt the use of CBD, and now we’ve got our tightly gripped hands on it, we’re not letting it getaway.
The rising popularity of the plant means it’s getting harder for government bodies to push it under the rug, and therefore harder to ignore the groundbreaking possibilities of the cannabis plant. Did you know for example:
- Hemp can be used to make rope, and has been considered to be able to hold nearly twice as much weight as steel, and its six times as flexible.
- Hempcrete (concrete substitute used to make hemp-based houses) is not only a cheaper option but is also entirely fireproof.
- Clothes and shoes can be made with hemp, which would eventually reduce the horrendous effects caused by cotton fields, the cotton industry and the fast-fashion corporations.
- Plastic can be swapped for hemp-plastic, a biodegradable material that eliminates the use of petrol throughout production. It’s literally cheaper and pollutes none of our land or oceans.
- In 1941 Henry Ford managed to create a car built almost entirely from hemp. Amazingly it gained no damage when hit with an axe, and (the best part) ran completely on…
- Biofuel. That’s right! Ford saw the risk of a world relying only on non-renewable sources of energy, and was able to prove that green automobile transport is very possible – if the government didn’t hate THC so much.
- Paper can be created using hemp, and also eliminates the need for bleaching and paper related deforestation.
Sharing is caring
With the many benefits that surround the use of CBD, it’s almost a no brainer for society! We’ve come to the conclusion that everyone has the potential to fit CBD into their daily routine. Whether it’s for a health concern for yourself, or the wellbeing of a loved one, or even just to promote the adoption of eco-friendly multipurpose materials to wider industries.
But really, there’s still more sceptics out there than supporters, so we encourage you to try it, love it, and share the benefits with those close to you. Our product range stretches from oil sprays, gummy sweets, vape juice, skincare products, honey, lip balm, capsules and muscle rub to name but a few. That concludes our first blog post of 2020, we hope you found some nuggets of wisdom to take with you into the new year! Have a good one!